OutboxSMS-3G uses USB to communicate with the 3G/UMTS modems. There is an upgrade kit now available to update OutboxSMS-GSM to 3G. This technote explains how to install the driver software for newly installed 3G modems.
- After you have installed the 3G modem hardware (see technote with the kit). Power on the OutboxSMS unit.
- The operating system will automatically detect that you have new hardware installed and will popup a ‘New Hardware’ dialog box. DO NOT click on this yet.
- Download the ZETA-UMTS Windows modem driver package to the OutboxSMS system from here: USB UMTS Modem Driver Package
- Unpack the driver archive package and save to the C:\TempData folder on the OutboxSMS disk.
- Run the installer as Administrator: TelitUSBInstaller_Qc_U8.00.04
The installer displays the welcome screen. Just click ‘Next’ to start the installation process. The finish screen indicates that the installer has completed the driver installation. Click ‘Finish’ to close the installer.
The installer displays the welcome screen. Just click ‘Next’ to start the installation process.
- Go back to the ‘Found new hardware’ wizard. Where it asks ‘Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for new software?’, select ‘No, not this time’, and click ‘Next’
- On the next screen, choose the option “Install the software automatically (recommended)” option, and click ‘Next’
The wizard will install the software for the 3G Modems now. Open the Device Manager. The device should appear under the Ports section. Each modem will install 5 ports as shown. The port to use in OutboxSMS is USB3, in the image shown that is COM9.
- Restart the OutboxSMS system now. On restart the OutboxSMS server will start automatically and detect the newly installed modems.
- Use the OutboxSMS Management Console to select the modems.